Monday, March 19, 2012

On the Trading of Tim Tebow

When I'm sad, I write poetry about the situation... So here is the fruit of a day of sadness... 
For Mr. Tebow

On the Trading of Tim Tebow

By A.F. Lowry           
March 19, 2012

I looked upon the frozen dawn,
I drank the city air.
Now the crowded masses thronged
Along the thoroughfare

A fresh metropolitan state
With fresh plans, great and small;
Fresh life, ground, society, and change
And fresh talent above all

But something was different now
A stale, warm, harsh wind blew,
And I knew that there upon the ground
My dreams would soon be strewn.

‘A fantastic opportunity’…
That is what they said.
But what is a championship to me?
Something more I dread.

How could we keep both of the stars
(The old and new talent)
With this new, small budget of ours?
For he is young, even if gallant.

But, I won’t fear his leaving us
For I know within my heart
That wherever he goes, he’ll trust
The will our Lord imparts


Now, I'm not saying that he will be traded, and I hope that he isn't, but I'm praying God's will for him right now... I want him wherever he can thrive and grow and be the greatest witness... I'm only partial to him staying here in Denver. 

For more of my poetry, check out my new book on Amazon... HERE

1 comment: